ATTENTION: We are currently in the process of moving to our new website located at http://www.lib.purdue.edu/.
Please make note of this and update your bookmarks accordingly. We apologize for any inconvience.
Visit the Purdue
Libraries' Instruction page, for yet more information and resources!
Students and professors are urged to let us know if there are books or journals they'd recommend that we purchase for the Life Sciences Library. Please send a note to Vicki Killion, Head, Health/Life Sciences Division (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Instructions to Professors for putting materials on Reserve in the
Life Sciences Library
To ensure that your students have access to class Reserve materials at the beginning of the semester, please send in the Reserves Submission Form for Reserve materials at least 2 weeks before the beginning of the semester. For materials that have to be ordered (new books or requested from other libraries), please send your request as soon as possible!
Reserve Item Types
We can place on Reserve the following types of material:
- Books from the Life Sciences Library.
- Books from other Purdue Libraries.
- Copies of class notes, homework, exams.
- Photocopies of articles or book chapters, subject to the limitations noted below due to copyright restrictions.
Due to copyright restrictions, we can accept photocopies for Reserve as follows
- For BOOK CHAPTERS:
We will place on Reserve one copy of one chapter, not to exceed 10 percent of the whole book. Exceptions to this limit will be made only if the book is on order or is verified to be out of print.
- For JOURNAL ARTICLES:
We will place on Reserve only one copy of an article.
Submitting Reserve Requests
- Fill out a Reserve Submission Form for each class and for each item for which you want materials placed on Reserve. Note: If you have placed materials on Reserve in the past, stipulating that they should permanently be on Reserve, we still have to have the form submitted to verify that the material is still needed.
- Provide a black, three-ring notebook for any class notes, homework or exams to which you will have material added each week. If using the same materials as in previous years and they are barcoded, please resubmit the barcoded material.
Note: We would like to urge you to mount this kind of material on the Web rather than placing it on Reserve in the Library.
- Send the completed Reserve Submission Form(s) at least 2 weeks before the beginning of the semester. We would prefer submission via electronic submission form, although receipt of a printed version or an email attachement is acceptable. Send to:
Pat Miller, Circulation/Reserves Assistant
Life Sciences Library
Purdue University Libraries LIFE
Please contact Pat Miller, 49-45758 or email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Last update: August 16, 2010