Printing from Windows Vista/Windows 7
1. Open the start menu, and click Computer.
2. In the location bar at the top of the window type \\printers.itap.purdue.edu and press Enter. You will then be prompted for your credentials. Please enter in the format of “ONEPURDUE\username.”
3. Open the Start menu and click Control Panel > Hardware and Sound> Printers (or if you're in the classic view just click Printers).
4. Click Add a Printer...
5. Click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
6. A screen will appear that says searching for available printers. Instead, click The printer that I wanted isn't listed.
7. Click the second button and enter the name of the printer to which you would like to connect:
• For black and white printing: \\printers.itap.purdue.edu\itapprinting
• For color printing (you will need to go to a location that has a color printer to use this option): \\printers.itap.purdue.edu\itapcolorprinting
8. You will need to pick which printer you would like to print to using the following: Black and White Printer: itap-printing,Color Printer: itap-colorprinting.
9. After you have selected the printer, you will then need to go to a release station in any lab or residence hall and log in with your career account to release the job.
Printing from Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
1. Go to System Preferences and select Print & Fax. This will show you current printers installed.
2. Click on the plus sign (+) icon to add a new printer. This will show you available printers to install.
3. Control + click anywhere on the toolbar of the screen and select Customize Toolbar.
4. Under the available options, you will see the Advanced icon. Hold down the mouse button and drag the icon to the toolbar. Click Done when complete.
5. In the window that opens, select the Advanced icon.
6. Using the drop-down menu next to Type, select Windows.
7. Enter in the following information: smb://printers.itap.purdue.edu/itapprinting
8. Using the drop-down box next to Print Using, choose Select Printer Software...
9. In the search box, type in HP LaserJet 8150 and highlight it in the result. Click Add.
10. The last screen you should see is the Installable Options. The only option that should be changed on this page is that Duplex Unit should be check marked. This will ensure the ability to print on both sides of a sheet of paper in the labs.
11. Click Continue to finish installing the printer.